- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Natural Spices baking powder is the secret to the best and lightest pastries. Add 3.2 grams of baking powder to 100 g of flour and you make the fluffiest cookies, cake and pancakes. Sift the flour, mix the baking powder and add the other ingredients according to your recipe.
What's the difference between baking powder and baking soda?
Both baking powder and baking soda cause a dough or batter to rise, but they are two different products. Baking powder is a compound powder; the ingredients are a carbonate and an acid. Starch is also used as a filler / stabilizer. During baking, carbonate, in combination with moisture from the dough or batter and the acid, causes carbon dioxide to form. That gas ensures that your dough or batter rises. Do you want to check if your baking powder is still working properly? Then put a bit of the powder in a bowl with some warm water. If it starts to bubble then it is still fine to use.
Baking soda (baking soda, sodium bicarbonate, bicarbonate soda) is a natural mineral substance (E500ii, a bicarbonate). It only works if an acid is also used (which is already standard in compound baking powder). Think of buttermilk, yogurt, vinegar or lemon (juice or grater). Sometimes baking soda and baking powder are also both used, the acid in the baking powder ensures that the baking soda can do its job well. To test whether your baking soda still works well, put a little bit of it in a bowl and pour it over with some boiling water and a dash of vinegar or lemon juice. If it starts to bubble, it still works well.
Nutritional values per 100 grams
|of which saturated fatty acids||0,16 gram|
|of which sugars||0 gram|
- Usage3,2 gram on 100 gram flour
- Ingredientsraising agent: E500ii, citric acid, potato starch
- Country of originThe netherlands
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders