- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Recipe for making croquettes made of meat or shrimp. This popular Dutch "fast food" is a great way to use left overs like meat and mashed potatoes. Typically, croquettes are sold by street vendors and snack shops in Holland, but they are very easy to make. Smaller croquettes, usually made of potatoes or vegetables, are also eaten in other countries as a side dish. Preparation time: approximately 5 hours Servings: 8 to 10 croquettes.
- 200 grams cooked meat (beef, chicken, veal) choice (shrimp as well)
- 300 grams ragoutmix glutenfree
- 250 grams butter
- 700 grams water
- 100 grams milk
- 200 gram breadcrumbs white, breadcrumbs yellow or breadcrumbs orange
- 20 grams crispy batter
- Cut the cooked meat (or shrimp) into very fine pieces (can also be done with foodmachine)
- Melt butter in a saucepan with a thick bottom until it stops fizzing. Make sure the butter does not become brown.
- Add Ragout mix and thoroughly mix it.
- Let it all on low heat, stirring constantly with yarn without browning.
- When the binding is sufficient add water and milk in small quantities and keep stirring untill a smooth sauce is created.
- Add the cooked meat.
- Cook the sauce between 2 and 3 minutes.
- Put the ragout on a plate/bowl and let it harden for at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Mix Crispy batter with 200 grams extra water untill you reach a smooth mixture in a bowl.
- When the ragout is firmed up, the croquettes can be formed by dividing 8 to 10 equal portions and by hand form them to a croquette.
- Roll the croquette then loosely through the breadcrumbs.
- Make sure that the croquettes are well covered, otherwise repeat step 10 again.
- Place the croquettes in a refrigerator and leave them there for at least 2 hours.
- Heat the frying fat to 180°C.
- Fry the croquettes for 4-5 minutes until they look golden brown.
- Leave the croquettes to drain on kitchen paper.
Variation: You can also make bitter balls (cylinder balls), by diving the firmed up ragout in smaller portions into the smaller bitterball!
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders