Frikandel recipe1 Review(s)
- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Delicious recipe for Dutch Frikandel. A spicy, fried sausage. Frikandels are the number one snack in the Netherlands. A Curry Sausage (or Frikandel) is in Belgium and the Netherlands, an elongated, dark colored rod for various types of hot fried meat. Ingredients frikandel:
- 100 grams Beef or horsemeat (lean)
- 400 grams lean pork meat
- 500 grams jawbone fat (cheek fat)
- 60 grams water
- 30 grams Ground beef stick seasoning
Ingredients broth (for cooking/swelling the frikandel:
- 3 liters water
- 120 grams hydrolysed protein powder
- Sort the fresh meat and discard from tendons, punches or other irregularities. Vervolgens in grote stukken (ter grootte van een ei) snijden en goed koelen bij 0°C of licht invriezen. Of het vlees zoals beschreven kopen bij uw slager.
- De messen en platen van de gehaktmolen die gebruikt worden moeten scherp en goed geslepen zijn: gebruik de 10 mm en de 2 of 3 mm plaat.
- Voor het afvullen gebruiken we een vulhoorn met een doorsnede van circa 3 cm.
- The length is 20 cm, this leads you to a weight of approximately 100 grams. Manually forming can also be done.
- First (pre)grind the meat coarse by the 10 mm plate. If you do not have meat grinder, you can skip this step.
- Mix the meat, the seasoning mix and water lightly together. If you do not have a meat grinder, you can skip this step.
- Grind the total mass through the 2 or 3 mm grind plate. You can also let your butcher grind the meat and then add the seasoning mix and water yourself.
- Shortly after-mix until there is obtained a good binding. (Too short mixing gives too little binding mix, for too long may cause the ‘’frikandel’’ stiff.)
- The final temperature of the dough for further processing, should now be approximately 14°C.
- Set the "stopmachine" to the length (20 cm) and weight (100 grams) and form the frikandels on a wet plate. You can also form the ‘’frikandellen’’ by hand, by dividing the mass in portions of 100 grams and roll to ‘’frikandel’’ form with wet hands.
- Now, the broth has to be made by dissolving the bouillon powder in the additional water and heating to 80°C (it should not boil).
- Slide the ‘frikandellen’’ into the heated water, and let them cook 25 to 30 minutes. (They can not be a little bit raw on the inside)
- Immediately after cooling, the ‘’frikandellen’’ must be frozen.
How to serve the frikandel:
- Fryer: fry the frozen ‘’frikandellen’’ about 4 minutes frying in oil or fat to 180° C.
- Frying pan: Heat the frozen ‘’frikandellen’’ about 9 minutes at medium temparature with a piece butter or margarine. Twist them regular.
- Oven/Grill/BBQ: Preheat the oven to 250°C or the grill at the highest temperature. Heat the frozen ‘’frikandellen’’ on the baking sheet approximately 14 minutes in the middle of the oven or grill. Twist them regular.
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders