- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Goulash sauce for making the Hungarian classic
Say Italy and you will say pizza. Says Hungary and you will say goulash. The Hungarian national dish is a delicious meat stew and the strongly thickened variant of the soup it once started with. This meal is also widely eaten in other South-Eastern European countries. Goulash comes from the Hungarian word 'gulya', which means cattle. Peppers and onions are the two main flavours of the dish. These can also be found in the goulash sauce that you can order online from us. A successful goulash is based on a good quality paprika powder. The goulash sauce that you can order online at Natural Spices is, of course, prepared with the best quality ingredients.
Goulash sauce as the main ingredient in the stew
The goulash sauce that you use to make this meat stew determines to a large extent its success. The sauce you can buy online here is a complete sauce consisting of herbs and spices, thickeners and other additives. You don't have to add anything to the goulash sauce yourself, not even pepper and salt. Tomato puree, garlic and the basic ingredients form a well-known and successful combination that is often used in the kitchen. This combination is also used for this sauce.
What kind of meat do you add to the goulash sauce?
Of course, the meat also plays an important role. Goulash can be made with beef, mutton, pork and fish. In the Netherlands we usually eat it with beef. To prevent the result from becoming dry and stringy, you should never choose meat that is too lean. A relatively high fat content is a prerequisite for the success of this Hungarian dish.
What do you serve with goulash sauce?
In Hungary they usually add potato to the goulash sauce. This way you make the dish complete and side dishes are not necessary. Don't feel like adding potato to your goulash sauce? Then serve the goulash with rice or fries. Just like you do with hachee, for example. Hachee and goulash are often confused. The big difference, however, is that goulash sauce is characterised by the flavour of the paprika, whereas in the hachee the onion is more dominant.
Nutritional values per 100 grams
|of which saturated fatty acids||0,2 gram|
|of which sugars||5,8 gram|
- UsageDepending on application.
- Ingredientswater, tomato paste, paprika, sugar, onion, modified corn starch, vegetable oil (rapeseed), flavor (SOY), salt, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (SOY), preservative: E202, garlic, thickeners (E412, E415), food acid: E260, pepper, mace
- Country of originThe Netherlands
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders