- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Satay marinade gives flavour to meat skewers
You can easily make the famous Indonesian marinade with our satay marinade. Although we in the Netherlands use the name satay for the hot peanut sauce that we often serve with oriental dishes, the Indonesian marinade has a different origin. The national marinade of Indonesia is intended for seasoning grilled meat. The meat cubes laced on skewers have been considered street food there for centuries. Satay also enjoys unprecedented popularity in its neighbouring countries of Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam. By ordering satay marinade online from Natural Spices, you can now create exactly that flavour of the Orient at home. You can buy the herb mix in a pack of 6 or 20 kilos.
What does satay marinade consist of?
You don't need much more than satay marinade. It is a carefully composed combination of herbs to which you don't need to add anything else. If necessary, you can add a little soy sauce. This Indonesian soy sauce adds a slightly sweet taste and gives the marinade a slightly firmer structure. Satay marinade consists of paprika, coriander, turmeric, onion, cumin, chilli, curry, cinnamon, cardamom and of course garlic. Salt and pepper have also been added to the spice mix. You use 25 grams of satay marinade per kilo of meat.
Tips when working with satay marinade
For the ardent griller it will not be news, the meat must absorb the satay-based marinade for as long as possible. This will give it its optimum flavour. The length of soaking depends of course partly on how much time you have. However, one hour is the minimum. What also contributes to the ultimate taste experience is rubbing the meat with the spice mixture. It tastes best on the barbecue. If you want to serve satay in the traditional way, present it with rice and atjar tjampoer. Are you going for the Dutch way? Then fries and prawn crackers are the products of choice.
Nutritional values per 100 grams
|of which saturated fatty acids||1 gram|
|of which sugars||4,7 gram|
- Usage25 grams per kilogram
- Ingredientspaprika, salt, pepper, coriander, turmeric, onion, cumin, chili, wheat starch (GLUTEN), curry (MUSTARD), cinnamon, cardamom, garlic, anticaking agent: E551
- Country of originThe Netherlands
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders