- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Ground cardamom for sweet and savoury dishes
Ground cardamom is a spice with many possibilities. For example, you can use it in savoury dishes, but you can also use it in desserts. In the Netherlands, we know the spice mainly as an essential part of biscuit and speculaas herbs. It can also be used in dishes such as curries, meat dishes and stews. You can buy ground cardamom online at Natural Spices in a package of 400 grams, 1 kilo or 25 kilos. After buying it you can keep it cool and dark.
The taste of cardamom
Kardemom is related to ginger. Not surprisingly, ground cardamom also has a pungent, slightly sweet smell reminiscent of lemon or bergamot. The spice is spicy, but has a fresh and at the same time sweetish undertone which many people think is also strongly reminiscent of eucalyptus. Because ground cardamom has a very dominant flavour, you should be careful with the amount you use.
Where does ground cardamom come from?
Cardemom is the dried fruit of a plant that originally comes from India. The pods of this plant contain small, dark seeds. These are processed into ground cardamom. Although the spice originally comes from India, it is now also grown elsewhere. The cardamom you can order online at Natural Spices comes from Guatemala, one of the largest producers today.
Ground cardamom is healthy
Ground cardamom has been loved in Indian cuisine for centuries. Not only because you can make delicious dishes and sweets with it, but also because of its healthy properties. It is therefore often used as a medicine. It has a positive effect on stomach complaints and is a source of minerals. For example, it contains magnesium, calcium and potassium. It also works as an antioxidant. As far as vitamins are concerned, vitamin C is particularly well represented.
Nutritional values per 100 grams
|of which saturated fatty acids||0 gram|
|of which sugars||19,5 gram|
- UsageDepending on application.
- Ingredientswater, tomato paste, sugar, modified corn starch, salt, onion, food acids (E260, E330), preservative: E202, vinegar, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, CELERY, sage, cayenne pepper
- Country of originThe Netherlands
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders