- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Vadouvan spices: the French version of Indian curry herbs
Vadouvan spices are not often found in our kitchen cabinets. The spice mix is the French version of Indian curry. It was first made in the town of Pudcherry, on the east coast of India. French colonial influences had been present there since the end of the seventeenth century. Although the spice mix there is known as vadagam, in Europe we call it Vadouvan spice. You can order the mix online from us in a package of 400 grams or 1 kilo. Apart from the fact that it releases a nuanced spicy flavour to your dishes, the mix can be called very healthy thanks to the medicinal effect of its ingredients. No artificially substances have been added. The Vadouvan spices are 100% natural and you can order them online from us.
What exactly are Vadouvan herbs?
Since Vadouvan herbs are the French counterpart of the traditional Indian curry herbs, you can use them as a substitute. The French herb mix has a slightly sweetish aroma and is milder than regular curry. It releases a nuanced flavour. The mix is a collection of various herbs and spices, each characterised by its deep and warm character. The special thing is that Vadouvan herbs are grilled. The mix looks beautiful thanks to the crushed peppers and the tarragon leaf and the chunks of onion and garlic. The spice mix contains less than two percent added salt.
Other ways to use Vadouvan herbs
In addition to being used as a substitute for the traditional Indian curry herbs, you can use the Vadouvan herbs in even more ways. For example, you can use it as a seasoning for chicken or fish or as a delicious mix of herbs and spices to fry your vegetables in. You first heat the oil, then add the herbs and finally the vegetables. Then you let them simmer in a layer of water. A stock cube is no longer necessary. You can also add Vadouvan herbs to an exotic pasta with tropical fruits such as mango. Would you like it to increase the exotic twist? Then add some grated coconut to it. You can also buy this online from us. Finally, Vadouvan spices also do well in stews and winter soups and sauces.
Nutritional values per 100 grams
|of which saturated fatty acids||0,2 gram|
|of which sugars||3,3 gram|
- UsageDepending on application.
- Ingredientscurry (turmeric, coriander, caraway, cumin, chillies, salt, fenugreek, MUSTARD, fennel, garlic, curry leaves, trifla), chili, turmeric, onion, garlic, laurel, cardamom, cumin, tarragon, cloves
- Country of originNederland
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders