- Not satisfied? Money back guarantee!
- Ordered before 13:00, delivered tomorrow
- Quality assured trough certifications
- Our customers rate us 9.2/10!
Worcester sauce, sweet table sauce with English roots
Worcester sauce may not yet be well known in the Netherlands, but it is known worldwide as an high impact table sauce. It tastes sweet as well as slightly sour and spicy at the same time. Although its name suggests that it is a sauce, Worcester sauce is more intended as a seasoning in dishes. These are mainly meat and fish dishes. Worcester sauce has its origins in Great Britain, to be precise the county of Worcestershire. It was developed almost two centuries ago. You can order the sauce online from us in packs of 1, 5 or 11 kilos.
What do you use Worcester sauce for?
As mentioned before, Worcester sauce is mainly used in meat and fish dishes. The sauce can be added to both cooked and uncooked dishes. However, its application does not stop there. For example, it is an important ingredient in Caesar salad, filet américain, carpaccio and even the Bloody Mary cocktail. The sauce is often confused with oyster sauce. Although the two do not differ much in appearance, you use them for very different applications. Oyster sauce also enhances the aroma of meat, fish and vegetables, but does so with a subtle salt aroma. Although Burnt sugar is part of this sauce based on fermented soy, it lacks the strong sweet experience that is so typical of the English sauce.
What are the ingredients of Worcester sauce
Worcester sauce consists of many different ingredients. Onion, coriander, chilli and cloves together with the sugar create the unique flavour profile that defines the sauce. The sour aspect of Worcester sauce is obtained through lemon juice, vinegar and malt vinegar. Malt vinegar is a type of vinegar with a relatively high percentage of acidity and low sugar content. Malt vinegar is the result of the fermented starch obtained from barley. The fermentation process takes several months. The sauce is not gluten-free.
Nutritional values per 100 grams
|of which saturated fatty acids||0,1 gram|
|of which sugars||6,2 gram|
- UsageDepending on application.
- Ingredientswater, malt vinegar, hydrolyzed vegetable protein (SOY), sugar, salt, dried glucose syrup, burnt sugar syrup, barley malt (GLUTEN), flavor (SOY), culturured sugar, lemon juice, MUSTARD (water, MUSTARD, vinegar, spices), onion, coriander, natural flavor, food acid: E330, chili, cloves, sunflower oil
- Country of originThe Netherlands
Prices industry & wholesale
For industrial companies / wholesalers we have a special priced section, minimum order amount EUR 1.000.
- Buy your raw materials direct from the producer
- Developed and produced by Natural Spices
- Always guaranteed to get the best quality and price
- No shipping costs for all your orders